Replying to your advertisement...
Answering your advertisement...
Believing that there is an opportunity...
Thinking that there is a vacancy in your company...
Having read your ad...
(1) Replying to your recent advertisement in the Boston Evening Globe， I wish to apply the position of sales manager.
(2) I am applying the position of sales manager. I believe my qualifications will meet your exacting requirements.
(1) I believe after reading your advertisement in this morning’s Journal that you are offering just the opportunity I am looking .
(2) Your advertisement in this morning’s Journal an adjustment manager prompted me to apply this position.
(1) Having read your advertisement in the New York Times an accountant， I thought you might be interested in my application.
(2) In your advertisement an accountant， you indicated that you require the services of a competent person， with thorough training in the field of cost accounting. Please consider me an applicant the position. Here are my reasons believing I am qualified this work.
I’d prefer not to set a salary， but since you ask， I consider 6，500 a month to be satisfactory.
It’s hard me to say what my salary should be set at， but if pressed I would have to ask a month as an initial salary.
I don’t feel that I should set my own salary， as I am happy enough to have the privilege of working you. However， I would consider a month satisfactory compensation my apprenticeship.
As salary， I do not know what to say. Would $4，500 a month be too much?
Do you think I would be asking too much if I said 5，000 dollars a month?
You know what my services are worth better than I do. All I want is a living wage.
(1)软弱、羞怯的： If you think I can fill the position after you have read my letter， I shall be glad to talk with you.
(2)改写后（较佳）： If my qualifications meet your standards， I would be happy to speak with you in person.
(1)怀疑，不妥、不安全的： If you are interested， please let me know immediately， as I’m sure an interview will convince you I’m the man the job.
(2)改写后：I would like to request an interview. You can reach me by telephone at Beijing 123456 between the hours of 7-9 a.m. and 5:30-9:30p.m. any evening.
(1) 哀求式的句子，不够完整（漏掉面谈时间）：I would appreciate the opportunity an interview. I can be reached by calling Beijing 12345678.
(2) 改写后： May I have the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you? My telephone number is Beijing 12345678. You can reach me between nine and five o’clock during the day.